How do I make an appointment at DMV Illinois? If you have just arrived in Illinois and are going to be living there, you need to know some of the paperwork you will need to get your vehicle documents, in addition to your driving documents, right.
DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) is the office where you need to process your Illinois driver’s license, in addition to all other automobile-related paperwork.
If you need to schedule a Illinois driver license appointment online, here’s how to do it, read on, and you can also make your appointment by phone or in person at any DMV office.
You can schedule a DMV appointment online illinois, you can schedule an appointment over the phone or in person at an office near you.
DMV Illinois Online Appointment
If you are wondering, I need an appointment for the dmv illinois, here are the steps you need to do:
- You must access the official DMV Illinois website from the link below.
- Choose from the online services, Driver’s License/Identification, then Vehicle Registration or make an appointment.
- On this page you can make an appointment, take an exam, renew your license, renew your cédula, request a duplicate driver’s license, make changes or make payments.
- You can also check the hours of operation for users and view phone numbers.
- Not all Illinois DMV offices are able to serve you in person, others do so via telephone.
At the Illinois DMV, an appointment-only booking form has been created for some transactions that you must do in person and cannot do online, by phone or by mail.
When to visit Illinois DMV
Here are some tips to keep in mind for when you need to go to the Illinois DMV.
- Try to go in person in the morning, as there are fewer people than in the afternoons.
- The best day of the week to go to the DMV is Wednesday, at the beginning and end of the week you have to wait longer to be seen.
- Another thing to avoid is going in the middle of the day, because workers take a lunch break, there are fewer employees to serve.
Real ID Illinois
Starting next year, specifically on May 3rd, you must carry a REAL ID license to enter certain federal buildings, nuclear facilities, and also when you are going to board a commercial flight, always within the United States.
If you have not yet applied for your REAL ID, here are the requirements you will need to obtain it:
Real ID Illinois Requirements
- To get your REAL ID in Illinois, you will get one when you renew your license or identification card online, so you will get it.
- If you have not previously obtained an Illinois driver’s license or ID, you must go to an Illinois DMV office.
- To apply for a REAL ID, you must bring identification with your date of birth and your full, real name on it. You may present a passport, birth certificate, green card, or some receipts.
- Make an appointment at the DMV to get your REAL ID Illinois.
Guide to getting your Real ID
- Gather all the documents you will be asked to provide to get your REAL ID.
- Fill out the application form online or from the link below or you can go in person to a DMV Illinois office.
- When you arrive at the office, submit your paperwork and process your REAL ID Illinois.
Documents you need to bring to the Illinois DMV appointment
If you made an appointment for a driver’s license or travel identification you will need to bring some documentation with you to your il dmv appointment. If you bring all of this documentation with you, the process will be faster. You must present all documentation in original and stamped format if necessary:
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful presence, a passport or birth certificate may be helpful.
- Proof of your social security number, you can present: a social security card or W-2 form.
- In addition, you must present 2 documents that prove you reside in Illinois, you may present: a utility bill or a lease agreement.
If when you booked your appointment, you submitted some of the requested documents, you generally only need to bring your identification card or driver’s license.